Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dirty Work

Okay. So I know you've all been in suspense this past week wondering, "I wonder how Matt's tennis game is?" Thanks for asking.

I played again shortly after writing my last post. I split the match. Won a set and lost a set. For those of you not into sports stick with me. In the set I lost we were tied at two games a piece. I lost the next game and lost it mentally. Glorifying God is hard to do when you're losing or when you make mistakes. This got me thinking.

What tools, what reservoir, do we have to live out God's hopes for us? Especially when living for God goes against the grain of our human nature and sin.

Our culture and hence us demand results...NOW. But what impact does this presupposition have on our understanding and ability to form spiritual habits and disciplines?

What's your plan to stay spiritually strong in times of weakness and temptation?

Here's a verse to chew on from the Apostle Paul:

2 Timothy 2
1You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. 3Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer. 5Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules. 6The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. 7Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home